UFOP: Starbase 118 RPG Archive
home

Lt.Cmdr. Alexander Williams: In persuit!

2019-01-08 13:24:16

Find an error in sim? Report it!
------=_Part_696_334609809.1546953856188 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ((Bridge, deck 1, USS Atlantis)) Knight: Sir, is it safe to assume the asteroid jumped into the cloud? Williams: Its where I would go, but without shields? Doubtful. Unless of course it can cloak and shield at the same time Never thought I=E2= =80=99d see it but then I haven't seen a cloaked ship fire either Knight: If they jumped into the cloud they would have to exit via the Suden= passage to avoid any serious systems failures due to the clouds effects. They might change ships but they would still need to pass DS26 if they want= to re-enter free worlds space, using one of the shuttles we could notify the station to be on the lookout and tag any vessels that pass within possible time frames. *Williams:* You'll get no argument from me, but with the com out I = don't know how we can do that right now *Knight:* Sir, if we retrofit a sensor probe we wouldn't be able to= have a conversation but we can program it to transmit a prerecorded message. *Danara: *Good thinking, I'll leave it to you since it's yo= ur area of expertise. I'll do what I can from here. I'd suggest keepin= g the message as innocuous as possible while still relaying key information. We don=E2=80= =99t know who else will possibly intercept that message. *Williams: See to it, make it your top priority!* *Maeli:* Commander, I'm reading power to the starboard nacelle and = the port nacelle is no longer venting plasma, although there is still a minor trickle coming from it. It would seem Engineering is getting close to getting us warp power. Although, we likely won't be going very fast= once they do. *Williams: That's good news. It will take us time to limp home, but= it wont take months if we have even a little warp power.* *Maeli:* Lieutenant Knight, I am curious. It is quite a ways back to DS26= and under the most ideal circumstances in the Par'tha Expanse, transmissions get garbled because of the high concentrations of rubble, dust and other particles in the space around the Expanse. Makes navigation= tricky, too. How do you plan to get enough power to support a signal that= will reach all the way from here to DS26? Starships, of course, generate more than enough. But a probe? *Knight:* Most probes are already built with communication equipment, if we= rip out the scientific equipment we can stuff it with power capacitors to= give it enough power for a message to reach DS26. *Danara:* If the Commander is ok with it, go ahead. I'll defer to y= ou and him on this one. *Williams: I have only one concern that suddenly popped up. Can we encode= it well enough so others wont pick it up. We have made a few enemies in the= region. If they know we are crippled they might seize the moment to finish= us off.* *Knight:* I can make it work, sir. *Williams: Alright, then proceed at your own discretions.* *Knight:* I'm on it. *Danara: *Good luck, Lieutenant. *Knight: *Response *Maeli:* Sir, looks like we have warp power again. I doubt we'll ge= t much speed based on these readings, but it's better than crawling along = at impulse. Williams: Lets see how much they can give us and then take a little les. We= don't want to push her to hard after what she's gone throug= h. *Kiliak:* =3D/\=3D Helmsman, be advised. This is an experimental warp prog= ram simply to get us out of here. As far we know, it's untested on *Atlantis*.= Do not exceed warp 3.7. Expect increased turbulence, and monitor your hull= integrity closely. Accelerate and decelerate in increments, no more than one every ten seconds. =3D/\=3D *Maeli: *Engineering just confirmed, sir. Max warp is 3.7, and she recommends we slowly increase to that in order to minimize hull stress. *Williams:* Alright, take her to warp 3,2 steadily. :: Once more the turbolift doors opened. Alex expected a lot of people to= come through but not their new security officer. :: Hyden: Ensign Hyden reporting to relieve you, Commander Williams, as ordered by Lieutenant Serala. Williams: Ah, good. Very well ensign. We are still in pursuit of a cloaked= vessel. Or we hope so at the very least. I fired some random short phaser= volleys in all directions but it hasn't given us any more data on t= he ships location. I think its safe to say she is already far ahead of us. Anyway=E2= =80=A6 station is yours ensign. I believe this is your first time? Ask for help if= you need any. But I am sure you'll do just fine. This is what you t= rained for after all. Hyden: Thank You, Sir! I will do my best to figure out what I can. We will= find out what happened to Raga and where they took him. Williams: He wasn't taken. He moved over himself. oO That might have sounded a bit rough. Ben then he did bring this= on himself. You cant play hero 26 hours a day and expect to come out safe every time Still, we should do everything we can to get him back! = Oo Hyden: Commander I have an interesting reading I see a small warp signature= from the asteroid I presume, but I see a larger signature near it. I can=E2= =80=99t give you it's heading, but I feel it's departing from the n= ebula and heading somewhere unknown. Orders Sir? Williams: As much as I'd like to we are in no position to start a f= ight with them right now. We have only phaser fire but without target computers= we have to do it manually. With the ship shaking under its current trouble= that will be a big challenge. So for now follow as good as we can. We have= to wait for Foirr and Darkkdust to get our computers up and running. Then= we can start with a proper damage report. Maeli, can you get find a link with Toryn somehow? :: Times were desperate of Alex had to fall back on something he didn=E2=80= =99t really understand. Telepathic abilities were fascinating but he never experienced it himself. :: Maeli: Response? Williams: Keep trying We have to let him know we are doing all we = can ::and then the room fell silent for a second. Alex was eager to leave the= bridge and check in on the captain but he knew his place was in the big chair. :: oO Well at least we have a com, might aswell use it. Oo Williams: =3D/\=3D Bridge to Sickbay, can you give us an update on the woun= ded. =3D/\=3D EMH/Sickbay: Response? oO So it was the captain? That's great! Oo :: Alex felt 100 kg lighter knowing the captain was back. He had no intention of checking in with Starfleet to let them know they had lost their captain for good. :: Williams: =3D/\=3D You are sure? EMH/sickbay: Response? Williams: =3D/\=3D Good work doctor, I take it that proves we had an impost= or onboard as well. Its time we get some answers from him. Perhaps he can tell= us where the alien ship is going! Can you see do that Lieutenant? Danara: Response? TAGS / TBC =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D With great pleasure written as: Lt. Cmdr. Alexander Williams First Officer USS Atlantis http://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php/Alexander_Williams Training Team member Writer ID:A239006AW0 -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "= UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Atlantis" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e= mail to sb118-atlantis+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sb118-atlantis. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. ------=_Part_696_334609809.1546953856188 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

((Bridge, deck= 1, USS Atlantis))

=C2=A0

Knight: Sir, is it safe to assume the asteroid jumped into th= e cloud?

=C2=A0

Williams: Its where I would go, but without shields? Doubtful= . Unless of course it can cloak and shield at the same time Never = thought I'd see it=C2=A0 but then I haven't seen a cloaked = ship fire either

=C2=A0

Knight: If they jumped into the cloud they would have to exit= via the Suden passage to avoid any serious systems failures due to the clo= uds effects. They might change ships but they would still need to pass DS26= if they want to re-enter free worlds space, using one of the shuttles we c= ould notify the station to be on the lookout and tag any vessels that pass = within possible time frames.=C2=A0=C2=A0

=C2=A0

Williams: = You'll get no argument from me, but with the com out I don'= t know how we can do that right now<= /p>


Knight: = Sir, if we retrofit a sensor probe we wouldn't be able to have a co= nversation but we can program it to transmit a prerecorded message.<= span lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-seri= f;">

Danara: Go= od thinking, I'll leave it to you since it's your area of e= xpertise. I'll do what I can from here. I'd suggest keeping= the message as innocuous as possible while still relaying key information.= =C2=A0 We don't know who else will possibly intercept that message.=

Williams: See to it, m= ake it your top priority!

=C2=A0

Maeli: Co= mmander, I'm reading power to the starboard nacelle and the port na= celle is no longer venting plasma, although there is still a minor trickle = coming from it. It would seem Engineering is getting close to getting us wa= rp power. Although, we likely won't be going very fast once they do= .


Williams: That's good news. It wil= l take us time to limp home, but it wont take months if we have even a litt= le warp power.

=C2=A0

Maeli: Lieutenant Knight, I am curious. It is quite a ways back to = DS26 and under the most ideal circumstances in the Par'tha Expanse,= transmissions get garbled because of the high concentrations of rubble, du= st and other particles in the space around the Expanse. Makes navigation tr= icky, too. How do you plan to get enough power to support a signal that wil= l reach all the way from here to DS26? Starships, of course, generate more = than enough. But a probe?


Knight: = Most probes are already built with communication equipment, if we rip out t= he scientific equipment we can stuff it with power capacitors to give it en= ough power for a message to reach DS26.


Danara: = If the Commander is ok with it, go ahead. I'll defer to you and him= on this one.

Williams: I have only one concern that sudde= nly popped up. Can we encode it well enough so others wont pick it up. We h= ave made a few enemies in the region. If they know we are crippled they mig= ht seize the moment to finish us off.

Knight: I = can make it work, sir.

Williams: Alright, then proceed at your own = discretions.

=C2=A0

Knight: I= 'm on it.

Danara: Go= od luck, Lieutenant.

Knight: Re= sponse

Maeli: Si= r, looks like we have warp power again. I doubt we'll get much spee= d based on these readings, but it's better than crawling along at i= mpulse.

=C2=A0

Williams: Lets see how much they can give us and then take a little les= . We don't want to push her to hard after what she's gone t= hrough.

=C2=A0

Kiliak:=C2=A0=3D/\=3D=C2=A0=C2=A0Helmsman, be advised. This is an experiment= al warp program simply to get us out of here. As far we know, it's unte= sted on=C2=A0Atlantis. Do not exceed warp 3.7.=C2=A0 Expect increase= d turbulence, and monitor your hull integrity closely. Accelerate and decel= erate in increments, no more than one every ten seconds.=C2=A0=3D/\=3D

Maeli: Engineering just confirmed, sir. Max warp is 3.7, and she re= commends we slowly increase to that in order to minimize hull stress.


Williams: Alright, take her to warp 3,2 steadily.

:: Once more the turbolift doors opened. Alex expected a lot of = people to come through but not their new security officer. ::

=C2=A0

Hyden: Ensign Hyden reporting to relieve you, Commander Williams= , as ordered by Lieutenant Serala.


Williams: Ah, good. Very well ensign.=C2=A0 We are still in pu= rsuit of a cloaked vessel. Or we hope so at the very least. I fired some ra= ndom short phaser volleys in all directions but it hasn't given us = any more data on the ships location. I think its safe to say she is already= far ahead of us. Anyway station is yours ensign. I believe this i= s your first time? Ask for help if you need any. But I am sure you'= ll do just fine. This is what you trained for after all.<= /p>

=C2=A0

Hyden: Thank You, Sir! I will do my best to fi= gure out what I can. We will find out what happened to Raga and where they = took him.


Williams: He wasn't taken. He moved over himself.

=C2=A0

oO That might have sounded a bit rough. Ben then he did= bring this on himself. You cant play hero 26 hours a day and expect to com= e out safe every time Still, we should do everything we can to get= him back! Oo

=C2=A0

Hyden: Commander I have an interesting reading I see a small war= p signature from the asteroid I presume, but I see a larger signature near = it. I can't give you it's heading, but I feel it's = departing from the nebula and heading somewhere unknown. Orders Sir?=


Williams: As much as I'd like to we are in no position= to start a fight with them right now. We have only phaser fire but without= target computers we have to do it manually. With the ship shaking under it= s current trouble that will be a big challenge. So for now follow as good a= s we can. =C2=A0We have to wait for Foirr and Darkkdust to get our computer= s up and running. Then we can start with a proper damage report. Maeli, can= you get find a link with Toryn somehow?

=C2=A0

:: Times were desperate of Alex had to fall ba= ck on something he didn't really understand. Telepathic abilities w= ere fascinating but he never experienced it himself. ::

=C2=A0

Maeli: Response?

=C2=A0

Williams: Keep trying We have to let = him know we are doing all we can

=C2=A0

::and then the room fell silent for a second. = Alex was eager to leave the bridge and check in on the captain but he knew = his place was in the big chair. ::

=C2=A0

oO Well at least we have a com, might aswell u= se it. Oo

=C2=A0

Williams: =3D/\=3D Bridge to Sickbay, can you = give us an update on the wounded. =3D/\=3D

=C2=A0

EMH/Sickbay: Response?

=C2=A0

oO So it was the captain? That's great= ! Oo

=C2=A0

:: Alex felt 100 kg lighter knowing the captai= n was back. He had no intention of checking in with Starfleet to let them k= now they had lost their captain for good. ::

=C2=A0

Williams: =3D/\=3D You are sure?

=C2=A0

EMH/sickbay: Response?

=C2=A0

Williams: =3D/\=3D Good work doctor, I take it= that proves we had an impostor onboard as well. Its time we get some answe= rs from him. Perhaps he can tell us where the alien ship is going! Can you = see do that Lieutenant?

=C2=A0

Danara: Response?

=C2=A0

TAGS / TBC

=C2=A0

=C2=A0=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
With great pleasure written a= s:
Lt. Cmdr. Alexander Williams
First Officer
USS Atlantis
http= ://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php/Alexander_Williams
Training Team = member
Writer ID:A239006AW0

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &= quot;UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Atlantis" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e= mail to sb11= 8-atlantis+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sb118-atlantis.
For more options, visit http= s://groups.google.com/d/optout.
------=_Part_696_334609809.1546953856188--