UFOP: Starbase 118 RPG Archive
home

Ensign Eleanor Alexander - Thrown in at the deep end TAGS Allison/Jorey

2019-01-09 13:47:01

Find an error in sim? Report it!
------=_Part_2612_1818134115.1547041621753 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable *(( Bridge- USS Thor ))* ::It was taking Eleanor all her strength to concentrate, she had been awake= for two solid days now. Her arrival on the Thor had thrown her right into= the deep end. The Admiral collapsing, been requested to attend the bridge,= it felt a little daunting, especially as a new Ensign, but she had to rise= to the challenge show her new crew what she was capable of, after all she= had been asked to see if she could boost power output. The bridge was busy and noisy, but she just filtered out the noise, her eyes clearly fixed on the console in front of her as her fingers instinctively tapped away, glancing over the data and readings so she could= get her bearings and see what state the actual ship was in.:: *Jorey:* Something isn't right here. *Allison:* I was thinking the same thing when we first made orbit. *Alexander:* Always trust your gut ::she said, her eyes still fixed on the= console, as she imparted the advice her farther had given her from an early= age, and that was to trust your instinct.:: *Allison:* Got something up your sleeve, Commander? *Jorey:* Let's send off a probe toward the moon and take a closer l= ook. *Allison:* Will do, Ops launch a class one probe. *Ops Officer:* Probe ready, Ma'am *Allison:* Launch probe ::From the next minutes Eleanor purely focused upon her task, she heard snippets in the background, something about the Admiral leaving sickbay without permission and beaming down to the surface, but that wasn't= her problem. Her task was to see if she could give them more power.:: *Allison:* Commander...we're receiving an incoming message...it seems to be= originating from that moon... *Jorey:* Commander Allison, search the computer for a program T'Mih= n developed to counter the Zalkonian =E2=80=98snuff field'. *Allison:* Getting it Jorey. Alexander, keep an eye on life support. This= snuff field is nothing to play around with. *Alexander:* ::Her ears picking up something that she had never heard of before:: A snuff field, never heard of one. Is it like some sort of dampening field? :she asked inquisitively, before brining up the life support onto the monitor:: Allison/Jorey Response *Allison:* You think the Zalkonians are on that moon Commander: *Alexander:* The who? *Jorey:* I believe that =E2=80=98moon' is a vessel of some kind car= rying evolved Zalkonian energy lifeforms. ::He paused a moment to let that sink in.:: I= think it's best to be cautious. Run the program and open communicat= ions. ::Eleanor was now even more confused, snuff fields, a species she had never= heard off and the moon some sort of vessel.:: *Alexander:* I think I can give you some more power, however, I must caution it would involve taking the warp core reaction over the recommended= operating safety limits and it could burn out some parts. Jorey: Response *Allison*: Program up and running. Hailing frequencies open, Commander... *Jorey*: =3D/\=3D Greeting and salutations, Zalkonian Vessel. I am Commande= r Brayden Jorey of the USS... =3D/\=3D *Voice*: =3D/\=3D We know who you are Federation. Your people are interferi= ng with our mission. You have helped our master's people before which = has earned our patience. However, we must ask you to gather your people, leave= this place, and let our work continue. You have one of your hours. =3D/\=3D *Jorey:* Master? *Alexander*: ::Looking towards them, she was purely an Ensign and it was her first day, they had clearly come across this species before:: Well don't look at me, I know nothing of these Zalkonian's, it i= s my first day after all. *Allison*: Perhaps he is referring to the leader of the Zalkonians we gave= that liberated Zalkonian warship to leave their homeworld. *Jorey:* Is it jut me or was there something suspicious about that voice...= a familiar accent or inflexion it just didn't sound particularly Za= lkonian to me. *Allison*: Analysis indicates the voice is not Zalkonian Commander *Alexander*: Then who is it pretending to be Zalkonian? *Allison*: With that in mind, we need to get them off the surface until we= know who or what we are dealing with. *Jorey*: Agreed. How can we get the message to them without revealing their= identities under their disguise? *Alexander*: We could modify a transmission to simply give a shale whistle= from the communicator ::Watched as Allison shook her head.:: *Allison*: That might be an option...or...Jorey...are you familiar with Morse Code? *Jorey*: response *Allison*: It's an old style Earth code, made up of a series of dots and dashes. We can send it to the Celestial and once we know where they are on= the surface, we can send the message. Hannibal can read Morse, but I'm not= sure about the rest. *Ops Officer*: Commander, the Away team is in three separate groups now. *Jorey*: response *Ops Officer*: One is in the Ergot encampment...another group is on board= the Celestial, and another...another is...lost them, Commander... *Jorey*: response *Ops Officer*: They were in the vicinity of the source of the ground radiation we've been picking up. They may have found a way inside. *Allison*: Commander...Admiral Turner is with the one group on the Celestial. Shall I send them a signal? *Jorey*: response Ensign Eleanor Alexander Engineer Duronis II Embassy / USS Thor *C239509EA0* -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "= UFOP: StarBase 118 - Duronis II Embassy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e= mail to sb118-embassy+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to sb118-embassy@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sb118-embassy. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/= sb118-embassy/1575f90c-c636-4a60-9b50-b6c47a382b51%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. ------=_Part_2612_1818134115.1547041621753 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

= (( Bridge- USS Thor ))


::It was taking Elea= nor all her strength to concentrate, she had been awake for two solid days = now. Her arrival on the Thor had thrown her right into the deep end. The Ad= miral collapsing, been requested to attend the bridge, it felt a little dau= nting, especially as a new Ensign, but she had to rise to the challenge sho= w her new crew what she was capable of, after all she had been asked to see= if she could boost power output.

The bridge was busy = and noisy, but she just filtered out the noise, her eyes clearly fixed on t= he console in front of her as her fingers instinctively tapped away, glanci= ng over the data and readings so she could get her bearings and see what st= ate the actual ship was in.::


Jorey:= Something isn't = right here.


Allison: I was thinking the sam= e thing when we first made orbit.


Alexander:= Always trust your gu= t ::she said, her eyes still fixed on the console, as she imparted the advi= ce her farther had given her from an early age, and that was to trust your = instinct.::


Allison: Got something up your = sleeve, Commander?


Jorey:= Let's send off a= probe toward the moon and take a closer look.

<= span style=3D"font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;">

Allison: Will do, Ops launch a = class one probe.


Ops Officer: Probe ready, Ma=E2= =80=99am


Allison: Launch probe


::From the next minu= tes Eleanor purely focused upon her task, she heard snippets in the backgro= und, something about the Admiral leaving sickbay without permission and bea= ming down to the surface, but that wasn't her problem. Her task was= to see if she could give them more power.::


Allison: Commander...we're = receiving an incoming message...it seems to be originating from that moon..= .


Jorey:= Commander Allison, searc= h the computer for a program T'Mihn developed to counter the Zalkon= ian =E2=80=98snuff field'.


Allison: Getting it Jorey. Alex= ander, keep an eye on life support. This snuff field is nothing to play aro= und with.


Alexander:= ::Her ears picking u= p something that she had never heard of before:: A snuff field, never heard= of one. Is it like some sort of dampening field? :she asked inquisitively,= before brining up the life support onto the monitor::


Allison/Jorey Respon= se =C2=A0


Allison: You think the Zalkonia= ns are on that moon Commander:


Alexander:= The who?<= /span>

=C2=A0

Jorey:= I believe that =E2=80=98= moon' is a vessel of some kind carrying evolved Zalkonian energy li= feforms. ::He paused a moment to let that sink in.:: I think it's b= est to be cautious. Run the program and open communications.


::Eleanor was now ev= en more confused, snuff fields, a species she had never heard off and the m= oon some sort of vessel.::


Alexander:= I think I can give y= ou some more power, however, I must caution it would involve taking the war= p core reaction over the recommended operating safety limits and it could b= urn out some parts.


Jorey: Response=

Allison: Program up and running= . Hailing frequencies open, Commander...


Jorey<= /span>: =3D/= \=3D Greeting and salutations, Zalkonian Vessel. I am Commander Brayden Jor= ey of the USS... =3D/\=3D


Voice: =3D/\=3D We know who you are Federation. Your people are inte= rfering with our mission. You have helped our master's people befor= e which has earned our patience. However, we must ask you to gather your pe= ople, leave this place, and let our work continue. You have one of your hou= rs. =3D/\=3D


Jorey: Master?

=C2=A0

Alexan= der: ::Lo= oking towards them, she was purely an Ensign and it was her first day, they= had clearly come across this species before:: Well don't look at m= e, I know nothing of these Zalkonian's, it is my first day after al= l. =C2=A0


Allison<= /b>: Perhaps he is referr= ing to the leader of the Zalkonians we gave that liberated Zalkonian warshi= p to leave their homeworld.

=C2=A0

Jorey:= Is it= jut me or was there something suspicious about that voice... a familiar ac= cent or inflexion it just didn't sound particularly Zalkonian to me= .

=C2=A0

Allison: Analysis indicates the voice is not Zalkonian Comma= nder

=C2=A0

Alexander: Then who is it pretending to be Zalkonian?

=C2=A0

Allison: With that in mind, we need to get them off the surf= ace until we know who or what we are dealing with.

=C2=A0

Jorey<= /span>: Agre= ed. How can we get the message to them without revealing their identities u= nder their disguise?

=C2=A0

Alexan= der: We c= ould modify a transmission to simply give a shale whistle from the communic= ator

=C2=A0

::Watched as Allison shook her he= ad.::

=C2=A0

Allison: That might be an option...or...Jorey...are you fami= liar with Morse Code?

=C2=A0

Jorey: response

=C2=A0

Allison: It's an old style Earth code, made up of a seri= es of dots and dashes. We can send it to the Celestial and once we know whe= re they are on the=C2=A0surface, we can send the message. Hannibal can read= Morse, but I'm not sure about the rest.

=C2=A0

Ops Officer: Commander, the=C2=A0Away team is in three separ= ate=C2=A0groups now.

=C2=A0

Jorey: response

=C2=A0

Ops Officer: One is in the Ergot encampment...another group = is on board the Celestial, and another...another is...lost them, Commander.= ..

=C2=A0

Jorey: response

=C2=A0

Ops Officer: They were in the vicinity of the source of the = ground radiation we've been picking up. They may have found a way insid= e.

=C2=A0

Allison: Commander...Admiral Turner is with the one group on= the=C2=A0Celestial. Shall I send them a signal?

=C2=A0

Jorey: response



Ensign Eleanor Alexander

En= gineer=C2=A0

<= font face=3D"Verdana, sans-serif">Duronis II Embassy / USS Thor=C2=A0

C239509EA0