UFOP: Starbase 118 RPG Archive
home

=?UTF-8?Q?_Major_Kro_-_Making_an_Entrance?= =?UTF-8?Q?_(Tag:_Valentino/Nijil/R=C3=B3s/Maxwell/Killoy)?=

2019-01-11 21:01:22

Find an error in sim? Report it!
((USS Narendra - Armory.)) ::A credit to the marine department and the insight of the Blackheart specialists - The requested equipment was not only present and signed off on, but a good fit for the situation they would be in. Covert gear in the form of visibility as well as subtle weaponry and light body armor that would provide mobility. All in all - they were ready to be flexible and adaptive to whatever situation they found themselves in.:: Killoy: =3D/\=3D Commander Killoy to Major Kro =3D/\=3D Kro: =3D/\=3D Go ahead Commander =3D/\=3D Killoy: =3D/\=3D We're going to reconvene in the briefing room, if = you and Marine Captain Valentino could please join us. =3D/\=3D Kro: =3D/\=3D Of course. We are prepared to move forward. =3D/\=3D Killoy: =3D/\=3D Excellent! I look forward to hearing what strategies you have! =3D/\=3D Kro: =3D/\=3D Understood. =3D/\=3D ::As straightforward and to the point as ever.:: Killoy: =3D/\=3D I will see you shortly, then, Killoy out! =3D/\=3D ((USS Narendra - Briefing Room.)) ::A short walk later, Kro entered the room with Valentino in tow. The smell of coffee hit him immediately and he looked around for the source. He was more of a tea man himself - but the sight of a pot made him reconsider. Fresh brewed had a certain something over replicated and though the quality varied depending on the beans used, he decided that today it was worth gambling.:: Killoy: Welcome back everyone! Please sit, and have some coffee. ::Settling into a seat he set his notes on the table before him as he took the first sip of his hot coffee.:: Kro: Excellent coffee Commander. oO Is it a Tellarite variety? Oo ::He set the cup down and began to look over his notes. Valentino/Nijil/R=C3=B3s/Maxwell: ? ::She pulled up the new data that scanners had gotten on Zeta Iomis. Kro took in the crude images of what they were headed into..:: Killoy: Here's what scans so far could find on the compound that we= will be infiltrating. I'd like to hear your idea on how we should approach= this. Kro: What is our likelihood of remaining undetected? Valentino/Nijil/R=C3=B3s/Maxwell: ? Killoy: That's a good question, I'm not sure how the ship i= s approaching Zeta Iomis yet. I will=E2=80=94 ::She was cut off by the commline chime. Perhaps that question was about to be answered. .:: Taybrim: =3D/\=3DTaybrim to away teams, we are on approach to Zeta Iomis IV= =3D/\=3D Killoy: ::Bright and brash as ever:: =3D/\=3D That is good news, Sir! =3D/\= =3D Nijil/Kasun/Taelon: =3D/\=3D? Taybrim: =3D/\=3D We have two options for getting your teams down to the surface. One is that we found a blind spot in the base's sensor cy= cle that gives us one shot every four point three hours to pull off a impulse speed slingshot around the planet, that brings us within transporter range. We only get a twenty seven second window, so everyone would need to be ready to beam out and, again there's four hours and eighteen minutes of d= elay before we can get you again. But it's the quickest, more direct wa= y. =3D/\=3D Nijil/Kasun/Taelon: =3D/\=3D? Killoy: =3D/\=3D And the second option, Sir? =3D/\=3D Taybrim: =3D/\=3D The second option is to take you team towards the planet = in a double shielded Arrow class shuttle. There is no specific cloaking technology we can employ for this so your stealth is based completely on your approach and speed. It's much more risky for being detected, = but gives you more flexibility in evacuating. =3D/\=3D Nijil/Kasun/Taelon: =3D/\=3D? Killoy: =3D/\=3D How long before we must decide, Sir? =3D/\=3D Taybrim: =3D/\=3DPlanetside approach in 48 minutes. We have 57 minutes unt= il we need to make our run if we're going to take advantage of the sen= sor blind spot. =3D/\=3D Nijil/Kasun/Taelon: =3D/\=3D? Killoy: =3D/\=3D We'll let you know in twenty or less, Sir! =3D/\= =3D Taybrim: =3D/\=3D Any other questions before you make your final preparatio= ns? =3D/\=3D Nijil/Kasun/Taelon: =3D/\=3D? ::As the commline went dead and Kro sat up - having absorbed the information on their options..:: Killoy: All right, there we have it. We can do a fast beam in, or take a shuttle =E2=80=93 which would the team prefer? Which suits us better tacti= cally? Valentino/Nijil/R=C3=B3s/Maxwell: ? Kro: ::Nodding:: We need to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of both. Killoy: If we beam in we'll be isolated =E2=80=93 do we want a limi= ted or a bigger team. Same with a shuttle, we could keep a strike or backup team in the shuttle -or just go in ourselves. Valentino/Nijil/R=C3=B3s/Maxwell: ? Killoy: And no matter which entry solution we choose we need an entry location. Kro: Perhaps we should consider utilizing both options. Valentino/Nijil/R=C3=B3s/Maxwell: ? Kro: Both methods have risks, and no entry point is guaranteed to be safe. With two teams entering from altering locations we increase the chance of a successful infiltration. Not to mention possible diversionary tactics that could provide us openings. ::He didn't say it directly, but any officer who had seen half thei= r share of action understood the message. The shuttle might get blown to bits, a beam down team might end up right being greeted by an army of disruptor rifles. This was a dangerous job - but they had a mission that they intended to complete.:: Valentino/Nijil/R=C3=B3s/Maxwell/Killoy: ? ------------------------- Major Kro Marine Commanding Officer Starbase 118 Ops C239205AF0 -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "= UFOP: StarBase 118 - StarBase 118 Ops" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e= mail to sb118-ops+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/= sb118-ops/CADX_zYOEurHK_Se%2B94NiVkJrUhEn27iOmUGZB4ftFvQDtmYksA%40mail.gmai= l.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.