UFOP: Starbase 118 RPG Archive
home

Lt. Cmdr Taelon - Tests and TIme Limits (Tag Science + Taybrim/Killoy/Nijil)

2019-01-12 01:56:15

Find an error in sim? Report it!
------=_Part_1093_897808405.1547258175595 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ((Science Labs - USS Narendra)) Taelon: It won't be as accurate over distance as a phaser, or as q= uick, unfortunatelyand it's best used against soft targets. Ice = can't do much about metal. Kasun: Nothing significant anyway. Though that probably won't be th= at much of an issue in this era of phaser weaponry; I don't think I=E2=80= =99ve ever seen an armored helmet outside of a museum or an bio protection suit. Taelon: ::He tilted his head back and forth.:: It's more common on = the frontiers. Melee weapons are, too. Best the team has both. Kasun: :: She idly played with her braid. :: I'm not as familiar wi= th Death Fog as you are but if sparks or heat are the only issue then couldn=E2=80= =99t some sort of plastic or ceramic pellet work with the same anti-grav set up. Taelon: ::He hesitated, then shook his head.:: Even ceramic can - it can generate enough heat in the wrong circumstances. Also this was...easier. ::The fact he'd had it somewhat in development already had definite= ly influenced his choice, he'd admit.:: Kasun: :: She chuckled. :: Or some sort of sticky glue bomb like in one of= those old timey movies. ::Taelon chuckled, softly.:: Taelon: If we had the time, I would ::He trailed off, their conversation cut off as the ensigns approached.:: Poq: I believe you're right. Perhaps we should ask. Commanders Taelon and= Kasun? Kasun: :: Ishani looked over at the sound of their names. :: We've = made... :: She glanced over at Taelon. :: progress? Poq: Uh... excellent. I have a sample of the secondary compound, would you= approve a release of it into a contained area with the updated suit? For a= test drive. Taelon: Y-yeah, of course. Kasun: ? Poq: Thank you. Ensigns, would either of you like to accompany me? Je'Valak: I'm happy to help. ::She was feeling positive about her idea.:: Avran:? Poq: Of course. Commanders, we will send you the results as soon as we have= them. If they are favorable, then... I think we are ready. Ah, provided the= weaponry works, of course... Taelon: It should. Try to get the results as soon as you can. I'm n= ot sure h-how much time we have. Any: ? Je'Valak: I'm ready when you are. :: She smiled and motioned toward= s the containment rooms.:: Poq: I will be there. Avran/Kasun: ? Taybrim: =3D/\=3DTaybrim to away teams, we are on approach to Zeta Iomis IV= . =3D/\=3D ::Taelon jumped as his commbadge went off, tapping it to open the channel= as he headed to the weapons display, working on ensuring the armory was deploying the guns with their proper ammo supplies.:: Killoy: ::Bright and brash as ever:: =3D/\=3D That is good news, Sir! =3D/\= =3D Taelon: =3D/\=3D U-understood. =3D/\=3D Nijil/Kasun: =3D/\=3D ? =3D/\=3D Taybrim: =3D/\=3D We have two options for getting your teams down to the surface. One is that we found a blind spot in the base's sensor cy= cle that gives us one shot every four point three hours to pull off a impulse speed= slingshot around the planet, that brings us within transporter range. We= only get a twenty seven second window, so everyone would need to be ready= to beam out and, again there's four hours and eighteen minutes of d= elay before we can get you again. But it's the quickest, more direct wa= y. =3D/\=3D ::Taelon glanced over at Ishani, uncertain, and waited for Taybrim to continue.:: Nijil/Kasun: =3D/\=3D ? =3D/\=3D Killoy: =3D/\=3D And the second option, Sir? =3D/\=3D Taybrim: =3D/\=3D The second option is to take you team towards the planet = in a double shielded Arrow class shuttle. There is no specific cloaking technology we can employ for this so your stealth is based completely on your approach and speed. It's much more risky for being detected, = but gives you more flexibility in evacuating. =3D/\=3D Nijil/Kasun: =3D/\=3D ? Taelon: =3D/\=3D Well - =3D/\=3D ::Killoy's cheery tones overrode him on the channel, so Taelon fell= silent.: =3D/\=3D Killoy: =3D/\=3D How long before we must decide, Sir? =3D/\=3D Taybrim: =3D/\=3D Planetside approach in 48 minutes. We have 57 minutes un= til we need to make our run if we're going to take advantage of the sen= sor blind spot. =3D/\=3D Nijil/Kasun: ? Taelon: =3D/\=3D Um, understood. =3D/\=3D Killoy: =3D/\=3D We'll let you know in twenty or less, Sir! =3D/\= =3D Taybrim: =3D/\=3D Any other questions before you make your final preparatio= ns? =3D/\=3D ::Taelon glanced back towards the Ensigns as they worked on the suit tests.:: Taelon: =3D/\=3D Do we have scans of the base? Layouts? Any sort of, um, so= rt of map of what we're going into? =3D/\=3D Taybrim/Killoy/Nijil/Kasun: =3D/\=3D ? =3D/\=3D Taelon: =3D/\=3D We'll have the EV suits ready, sir. =3D/\=3D ::He closed the channel and turned to Ishani.:: Taelon: I'm going to check on Cyri. Th order should be sent to the= armory...they should have the guns ready to be assembled with the rest of= the kit. Kasun/Any: ? TAG/TBC Lieutenant Commander Taelon Chief of Science Starbase 118 OPs O239303T10 -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "= UFOP: StarBase 118 - StarBase 118 Ops" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e= mail to sb118-ops+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/= sb118-ops/5de60a58-a2c8-4eff-bec5-ecc26c6ea9e3%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. ------=_Part_1093_897808405.1547258175595 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
((Science Labs - USS Narendra))

<= div>Taelon:=C2=A0 It won't be as accurate over distance as a phaser= , or as quick, unfortunatelyand it's best used against sof= t targets. Ice can't do much about metal.=C2=A0

Kasun: Nothing significant anyway. Though that probably won't= be that much of an issue in this era of phaser weaponry; I don't t= hink I've ever seen an armored helmet outside of a museum or an bio= protection suit.

Taelon: ::He tilted his head bac= k and forth.:: It's more common on the frontiers. Melee weapons are= , too. Best the team has both.=C2=A0

Kasun: :: She= idly played with her braid. :: I'm not as familiar with Death Fog = as you are but if sparks or heat are the only issue then couldn't s= ome sort of plastic or ceramic pellet work with the same anti-grav set up.<= /div>

Taelon: ::He hesitated, then shook his head.:: Eve= n ceramic can - it can generate enough heat in the wrong circumstances. Als= o this was...easier.=C2=A0

::The fact he'd= had it somewhat in development already had definitely influenced his choic= e, he'd admit.::

Kasun: :: She chuckled. := : Or some sort of sticky glue bomb like in one of those old timey movies.

::Taelon chuckled, softly.::

Taelon: If we had the time, I would

::= He trailed off, their conversation cut off as the ensigns approached.::

Poq: I believe you're right. Perhaps we should as= k. Commanders Taelon and Kasun?=C2=A0

Kasun: :: Is= hani looked over at the sound of their names. :: We've made... :: S= he glanced over at Taelon. :: progress?

Poq: Uh...= excellent. I have a sample of the secondary compound, would you approve a = release of it into a contained area with the updated suit? For a test drive= .=C2=A0

Taelon: Y-yeah, of course.=C2=A0

Kasun: ?=C2=A0

Poq: Thank you. Ens= igns, would either of you like to accompany me?

Je= 'Valak: I'm happy to help. ::She was feeling positive about her ide= a.::

Avran:?

Poq: Of cour= se. Commanders, we will send you the results as soon as we have them. If th= ey are favorable, then... I think we are ready. Ah, provided the weaponry w= orks, of course...

Taelon: It should. Try to get t= he results as soon as you can. I'm not sure h-how much time we have= .=C2=A0

Any: ?

Je'Val= ak: I'm ready when you are. :: She smiled and motioned towards the = containment rooms.::

Poq: I will be there.=C2=A0

Avran/Kasun: ?

Taybrim: = =3D/\=3DTaybrim to away teams, we are on approach to Zeta Iomis IV. =3D/\= =3D

::Taelon jumped as his commbadge went off, tap= ping it to open the channel as he headed to the weapons display, working on= ensuring the armory was deploying the guns with their proper ammo supplies= .::

Killoy: ::Bright and brash as ever:: =3D/\=3D = That is good news, Sir! =3D/\=3D

Taelon: =3D/\=3D = U-understood. =3D/\=3D

Nijil/Kasun: =3D/\=3D ? =3D= /\=3D

Taybrim: =3D/\=3D We have two options for ge= tting your teams down to the surface.=C2=A0 One is that we found a blind sp= ot in the base's sensor cycle that gives us one shot every four poi= nt three hours to pull off a impulse speed slingshot around the planet, tha= t brings us within transporter range.=C2=A0 We only get a twenty seven seco= nd window, so everyone would need to be ready to beam out and, again there= 's four hours and eighteen minutes of delay before we can get you a= gain.=C2=A0 But it's the quickest, more direct way. =3D/\=3D=C2=A0<= /div>

::Taelon glanced over at Ishani, uncertain, and wa= ited for Taybrim to continue.::

Nijil/Kasun: =3D/\= =3D ? =3D/\=3D

Killoy: =3D/\=3D And the second opt= ion, Sir? =3D/\=3D

Taybrim: =3D/\=3D The second op= tion is to take you team towards the planet in a double shielded Arrow clas= s shuttle.=C2=A0 There is no specific cloaking technology we can employ for= this so your stealth is based completely on your approach and speed.=C2=A0= It's much more risky for being detected, but gives you more flexib= ility in evacuating. =3D/\=3D

Nijil/Kasun: =3D/\= =3D ?=C2=A0

Taelon: =3D/\=3D Well - =3D/\=3D
=

::Killoy's cheery tones overrode him on the cha= nnel, so Taelon fell silent.: =3D/\=3D

Killoy: =3D= /\=3D How long before we must decide, Sir? =3D/\=3D

Taybrim: =3D/\=3D Planetside approach in 48 minutes.=C2=A0 We have 57 min= utes until we need to make our run if we're going to take advantage= of the sensor blind spot. =3D/\=3D

Nijil/Kasun: ?=

Taelon: =3D/\=3D Um, understood. =3D/\=3D

Killoy: =3D/\=3D We'll let you know in twenty or = less, Sir! =3D/\=3D

Taybrim: =3D/\=3D Any other qu= estions before you make your final preparations? =3D/\=3D

::Taelon glanced back towards the Ensigns as they worked on the sui= t tests.::=C2=A0

Taelon: =3D/\=3D Do we have scans= of the base? Layouts? Any sort of, um, sort of map of what we're g= oing into? =3D/\=3D

Taybrim/Killoy/Nijil/Kasun: = =3D/\=3D ? =3D/\=3D

Taelon: =3D/\=3D We'll= have the EV suits ready, sir. =3D/\=3D

::He close= d the channel and turned to Ishani.::=C2=A0

Taelon= : I'm going to check on Cyri. Th order should be sent to the armory= ...they should have the guns ready to be assembled with the rest of the kit= .=C2=A0

Kasun/Any: ?


=





=
TAG/TBC


Lieutenant Comma= nder Taelon
Chief of Science
Starbase 118 OPs
O239303T10

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &= quot;UFOP: StarBase 118 - StarBase 118 Ops" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e= mail to sb118-ops= +unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid= /sb118-ops/5de60a58-a2c8-4eff-bec5-ecc26c6ea9e3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit http= s://groups.google.com/d/optout.
------=_Part_1093_897808405.1547258175595--