UFOP: Starbase 118 RPG Archive
home

Lieutenant JG Lystra - Landfall

2018-11-05 18:12:11

Find an error in sim? Report it!
------=_Part_2016_1212652245.1541441531835 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable *((Type-11 Shuttle, Cockpit))* *Lystra*: =3D/\=3D Understood, sir. Launching now. =3D/\=3D ::She thought = a moment and added:: =3D/\=3D Good luck, Jalana. =3D/\=3D *Rajel*: =3D/\=3DTo you too Lystra. See you on the surface. Rajel out. =3D= /\=3D ::Hearing the reply made her smile and she waited, letting the Captain's shuttle exit the bay first, seeing it pass through the protective force field before she tapped the helm controls. Their shuttle rising gently off= the deck a few meters before she shifted power for forward thrust. And like= that they were gone. The shuttle cleared the bay easily, passing out into= the black of space on the tail of the one Jalana commanded. Keeping to her= 'wing' as it were with skill. she was a far cry from the amazing expertise= of Ardaris at the helm, but she could fly a shuttle quite deftly. Having participated in a few races in her youth and even at the Academy. Lystra's gaze flicked towards the planet as it came into view, growing larger as the two shuttles descended towards the surface, passing through= the upper ionosphere she spotted the trail of the probe as it was launched= from the Constitution and vanished out of sight, having darted at much higher speed passed them.:: *Lystra*: Are we receiving any telemetry from the probe yet? ::She asked to= anyone who wanted to answer:: *Yito*: It is providing information on the atmosphere but still nothing on= what is on the surface. *Mason/Alexander*: response *Lystra*: Odd, we should be getting something by now. What about our sensors? *Yito*: Still can't penetrate the atmosphere. *Mason/Alexander*: response oO More chroniton radiation? Please let that be nothing. Oo ::The shuttle jerked suddenly as they flew into some turbulence and Lystra= braced her abdomen against the console as she frantically moved her fingers= to correct for the uptick in external forces. The wind was far stronger than she'd anticipated but she managed to smooth out the ride soon enough.:= : *Saveron*: One would note that, whatever it's makeup, there is a substantial atmosphere. ::That differed from what they had expected. *Yito*: We are going through an area of what I think is volcanic activity. = Can't be a 100% certain with the limited sensor reading. But the o= utside temperature is 1000C. Shields are holding but I wouldn't want to s= tay in this area too long. *Mason/Alexander*: response *Lystra*: Sorry, didn't expect things to get that bumpy. I've got it now though. *Yito*: Hull temperature is dropping. We are exiting the region. But there seems to still be areas of turbulence around. *Mason/Alexander*: response ::She gave a nod then scowled as she looked out in front of them. She'd been right behind the other shuttle. Maybe back by a hundred meters, or so= and the turbulence had been rough, but shouldn't have tossed them off course that much especially once she corrected.:: *Lystra*: Where's the other shuttle? *Yito*: Nothing on sensors we appear to have lost them. :: That certainly wasn't what she wanted to hear, however Lystra knew Ardaris was on Jalana's shuttle which meant their Captain had the best pilot in the sector to keep them safe. :: *Saveron*: If they were caught in the same turbulence, could they have dived lower to avoid it? Or even been forced to land? *Lystra*: Possibly, Ardaris is on their shuttle so I'm sure they'll be fine. oO It's us I'm worried about, I'm not near as good as she is. Shut it= Lys, you've got three championship victories in the races...focus. Oo *Mason/Alexander*: response *Saveron*: I am no pilot, but might we gain clearer readings at a lower altitude? ::He posed the question, trusting that those more knowledgeable= in such things could answer.:: *Yito*: I would agree. *Lystra*: Noted. ::Lystra's fingers moved smoothly over the helm controls as she took their= shuttle down into the dense cloud cover, the entire vessel rattling as if= in an earthquake, yet she somehow managed to keep it relatively steady. Enough that they hadn't yet had to worry about any injuries.:: *Mason/Alexander/Saveron*: response :: They moved down in the lower atmosphere, there was still no sign of the= probe or the shuttle and the ride was only slightless bumpy and then everything became smooth. Lystra blinked slighlty at that and looked out the front of the shuttle. The clouds were still present, dark and from what= she could tell the winds were still whipping about their lithe craft but she felt no vibrations in the shuttle. Instinctively she turned the shuttle= in a slow banking motion. As she touched the helm controls she was greeted= by a harsh chirp from the console. She tapped a gloved digit against it again, trying to turn the other way. Same. She scowled. :: *Lystra*: I've lost helm control. It's not responding. *Mason/Alexander/Saveron*: response *Yito*: We are being pulled down? ::Lystra tried everything she knew to try and get them free from whatever= was pulling them down towards the surface. It wasn't just some force drawing them down, whatever was doing it had also completely overridden the= shuttle's navigational systems. She had no control over the shuttle and it= worried her.:: *Lystra*: Talk to me. Does anyone have any ideas, or see anything on sensors? *Mason/Alexander/Saveron*: response *Yito*: Trying to adjust shields frequencies to break us free. Can we contact the Constitution? *Lystra*: ::She tapped at the communication system and received a harsh chirp for her trouble:: No, comms are down. Whatever's got hold of our shuttle, also has control of our helm and comms. *Mason/Alexander/Saveron*: response *Yito*: Scanning seeing if I can find the source. Maybe we can destroy it. Ensign Alexander, can you get even a simple message through to the Constitution? *Mason/Alexander/Saveron*: response *Lystra*: Nothing still? ::She sighed:: Keep trying, Ensign. *Yito*: I'm picking up another Starfleet signal. It is not the shu= ttle or the probe. It is very weak, it's a format that hasn't been= used in over 50 years. :: Surprise in her voice. :: ::Lystra looked back over her shoulder when she heard that, a brow raised= and then looked back to the front as the surface came into view. Lystra sat= there, feeling somewhat helpless as whatever it was that had them drew them= down to the ground. At least, it set them down without any injury, or harm= to the shuttle. oO That was something at least. Oo She tried the helm again, seeing if she could take off, but it was still locked out. She had= just spun in her chair to regard the rest of her team. Her team, that was= not something she'd get used to. When a burst of static broke in through the comms.:: *Ren*: =3D/\=3D ...ign Re...tain Ra... tra? ...copy, o...? =3D/\=3D ::She barely recognized the voice as the new counselor, but she couldn't make out what was said. Reflexively she tapped her badge.:: *Lystra*: =3D/\=3D Lystra here. Negative copy. Please repeat your message. = =3D/\=3D ::She received a burst of static only to hear another voice, more familiar= break through slightly.:: *Rajel*: =3D/\=3D Rajel..h..e. W.. ..py bu.. ..ve bad inter.....ences. =3D/= \=3D *Lystra*: =3D/\=3D Jalana, I copy you. But barely. We've been pulled to the= planet's surface...can you hear me? =3D/\=3D ::Ren's voice pushed through the channel once more.:: *Ren*: =3D/\=3D Ca... tra we a... ero-po ... in the atmosphe... ... ade up= ... ton spike ... music signa... ...mmend you sti... Are you pic... rs yet? =3D/\=3D oO Music and spikes? That doesn't make any sense. Oo *Lystra*: =3D/\=3D Repeat your last. We do not understand. Please repeat. = =3D/\=3D ::The frustration she was feeling was plain in the intonation of her voice:= : *Rajel*: =3D/\=3D .. can't ... ..u cl..rly, I r...at ....... r... y..u. =3D= /\=3D ::The interference seemed to be growing even worse, she couldn't understand= anything but still hear Jalana's voice. Damn this was infuriating.:: *Lystra*: =3D/\=3D Jalana, Ren..please repeat. We do not copy you. I repeat= , we do not copy. =3D/\=3D ::There was nothing but static now and then the line went dead. The tactical officer that was for some reason in charge of this team looked out= at the others, seeing their faces with a broad spectrum of moods, and emotions. Or lack there of in case of Saveron. She recalled what he'd told= her in the turbolift and nodded to him gently. Took a deep breath and looked to Yito next.:: *Lystra*: Alright. We're on the surface. Can't go anywhere and comms are shot. We have to assume, for the moment. We're on our own and need to try= and find a way of getting out of this ourselves, until we can reconnect with the other team and the ship. I've no doubt that the Constitution will be doing everything they can to get to us, so we have to find a way to make that as easy as possible while= we do what we came here for. So, we should leave our emergency beacon active. Lieutenant. Run a scan of the area. Draw power from the propulsion system= if you have to. We're not going anywhere for the moment, so it won't matter. Mayeb we can find the source of that Starfleet signal. *Yito*: response *Lystra*: Hmm. Well. A general direction is good enough starting point. But= can we survive outside? *Yito*: response *Mason/Alexander/Lystra/Saveron*: response ::That was good. She looked to her gloved hands as she pressed her fingers= inbetween one another to ensure they fit snuggly on her hands. It was something she did when she was thinking, more of a subconscious tick since= she was self conscious about what the gloves concealed. Eventually, she glanced up at the others.:: *Lystra*: Right. We can't sit here. We have a general direction. So grab what you can. Emergency supplies just in case we can't come back to the shuttle. Lieutenant, I'd like you and Commander Mason to keep an eye on things with= tricorders. ::She looked to Saveron:: Commander, since you have a medical background I'd like you to run environmental scans and keep an eye on our vitals. Given how difficult it= was to learn anything from the ship about this world, I'd like to know if= we have any potential threats from things we can't see. ::She looked to their resident engineer.:: Ensign, if there's anything you can do to boost the output of our tricorders and comm badges before we leave it would be appreciated. Tie them into the shuttle's power if needed. *Mason/Alexander/Yito/Saveron*: response ::She gave a nod to each and rose from her seat and walked through the shuttle to where the emergency supplies were located. She pulled out several Type V phasers with holsters, and distributed them to her team. Before taking a wrist torch for herself and a pack with emergency supplies= that she slipped onto her back after checking to ensure it had the requisite rations, water, med kit and other sundries one expected to find.:: *Mason/Alexander/Yito/Saveron*: response *Lystra*: Good. ::She glanced back to the front of the shuttle:: Energy spike? oO Could that be what Ren was trying to say? Oo Where? *Yito*: response *Lystra*: That's in the direction you estimated the Starfleet signal was coming from, correct? ::Seeing the nod she took a slow breath and activated the panel at the rear= hatch, watching it lower.:: *Lystra*: Good, then we know which way to head. Let's go. *Mason/Alexander/Yito/Saveron*: response ::With that she stepped out of the shuttle and lead the group of them in the direction she was pointed out by Seja. Her gloved fingers curled around= the straps of her pack as she walked, so far this mission had not gone as= expected. Which, she wouldn't have been so nervous about were she not the= one with command of this team. She had a full Lieutenant, and two Commanders at her back. oO Why in space am I in charge again? Oo:: *((Tags/TBC))* * =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D* *Lieutenant JG Lystra* *Tactical Officer* *USS Constitution-B NCC-9012-B* *SB118 Podcast Team * *Writer ID: A239410TR0* -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "= UFOP: StarBase 118 - USS Constitution-B" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e= mail to sb118-constitution+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to sb118-constitution@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sb118-constitution. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/= sb118-constitution/8f6b12b8-9ffb-4b55-8d42-23d9b0fc0962%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. ------=_Part_2016_1212652245.1541441531835 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

((Type-11 Shuttle, Cockpit))


<= /font>

Lystra:=C2=A0 =3D/\=3D Understood, sir. Launching now. = =3D/\=3D ::She thought a moment and added:: =3D/\=3D Good luck, Jalana. =3D= /\=3D=C2=A0


<= font face=3D"arial, sans-serif" size=3D"2">Rajel:=C2=A0 =3D/\=3DTo y= ou too Lystra. See you on the surface. Rajel out. =3D/\=3D

::Hearing the reply made her smile and she waited, letting t= he Captain's shuttle exit the bay first, seeing it pass through the pro= tective force field before she tapped the helm controls. Their shuttle risi= ng gently off the deck a few meters before she shifted power for forward th= rust. And like that they were gone. The shuttle cleared the bay easily, pas= sing out into the black of space on the tail of the one Jalana commanded. K= eeping to her 'wing' as it were with skill. she was a far cry from = the amazing expertise of Ardaris at the helm, but she could fly a shuttle q= uite deftly. Having participated in a few races in her youth and even at th= e Academy.


Lystra's gaze flicked towards= the planet as it came into view, growing larger as the two shuttles descen= ded towards the surface, passing through the upper ionosphere she spotted t= he trail of the probe as it was launched from the Constitution and vanished= out of sight, having darted at much higher speed passed them.::

=


Lystra: Are we receiving any telemetry from the= probe yet? ::She asked to anyone who wanted to answer::=C2=A0=C2=A0=


Yito: It is providing information on the at= mosphere but still nothing on what is on the surface.


Mason/Alexander: response


<= b>Lystra: Odd, we should be getting something by now. What about our se= nsors?=C2=A0


= Yito: Still can'= t penetrate the atmosphere.


Mason/Alexand= er: response


oO More chroniton radiation= ? Please let that be nothing. Oo


::The shutt= le jerked suddenly as they flew into some turbulence and Lystra braced her = abdomen against the console as she frantically moved her fingers to correct= for the uptick in external forces. The wind was far stronger than she'= d anticipated but she managed to smooth out the ride soon enough.::<= /p>


Saveron: One would note that, whatever it= 's makeup, there is a substantial atmosphere. ::That differed from = what they had expected.


Yito: We are = going through an area of what I think is volcanic activity.=C2=A0 Can=E2=80= =99t be a 100% certain with the limited sensor reading.=C2=A0 But the outsi= de temperature is 1000C.=C2=A0 Shields are holding but I wouldn't w= ant to stay in this area too long.


Mason/= Alexander: response


Lystra: Sorry= , didn't expect things to get that bumpy. I've got it now though.= =C2=A0


Yito: Hull temperature is drop= ping.=C2=A0 We are exiting the region.=C2=A0 But there seems to still be ar= eas of turbulence around.


Mason/Alexander= : response


::She gave a nod then scowled= as she looked out in front of them. She'd been right behind the other = shuttle. Maybe back by a hundred meters, or so and the turbulence had been = rough, but shouldn't have tossed them off course that much especially o= nce she corrected.::=C2=A0


Lystra: Wh= ere's the other shuttle?=C2=A0


Yito: Nothing on sensors we appear to have lost them.


:: That certainly wasn't what she wanted to hear, however Lystr= a knew Ardaris was on Jalana's shuttle which meant their Captain had th= e best pilot in the sector to keep them safe. ::


Saveron: If they were caught in the same turbulence, could th= ey have dived lower to avoid it? Or even been forced to land?

=

Lystra: Possibly, Ardaris is on their shuttle so I= 'm sure they'll be fine. oO It's us I'm worried about, I= 9;m not near as good as she is. Shut it Lys, you've got three champions= hip victories in the races...focus. Oo


Ma= son/Alexander: response


Saveron: = I am no pilot, but might we gain clearer readings at a lower altitude? ::He= posed the question, trusting that those more knowledgeable in such things = could answer.::


Yito: I would agree.<= /font>


Lystra: Noted.=C2=A0

::Lystra's fingers moved smoothly over the helm controls= as she took their shuttle down into the dense cloud cover, the entire vess= el rattling as if in an earthquake, yet she somehow managed to keep it rela= tively steady. Enough that they hadn't yet had to worry about any injur= ies.::


Mason/Alexander/Saveron: respo= nse


:: They moved down in the lower atmosphe= re, there was still no sign of the probe or the shuttle and the ride was on= ly slightless bumpy and then everything became smooth. Lystra blinked sligh= lty at that and looked out the front of the shuttle. The clouds were still = present, dark and from what she could tell the winds were still whipping ab= out their lithe craft but she felt no vibrations in the shuttle. Instinctiv= ely she turned the shuttle in a slow banking motion. As she touched the hel= m controls she was greeted by a harsh chirp from the console. She tapped a = gloved digit against it again, trying to turn the other way. Same. She scow= led. ::


Lystra: I've lost helm co= ntrol. It's not responding.=C2=A0


Ma= son/Alexander/Saveron: response


Yito<= /b>: We are being pulled down?

=

::Lystra trie= d everything she knew to try and get them free from whatever was pulling th= em down towards the surface. It wasn't just some force drawing them dow= n, whatever was doing it had also completely overridden the shuttle's n= avigational systems. She had no control over the shuttle and it worried her= .::


Lystra: Talk to me. Does anyone h= ave any ideas, or see anything on sensors?


<= b>Mason/Alexander/Saveron: response


Y= ito: Trying to adjust shields frequencies to break us free. Can we cont= act the Constitution?


Lystra: ::She t= apped at the communication system and received a harsh chirp for her troubl= e:: No, comms are down. Whatever's got hold of our shuttle, also has co= ntrol of our helm and comms.=C2=A0


Mason/= Alexander/Saveron: response


Yito:= Scanning seeing if I can find the source.=C2=A0 Maybe we can destroy it.= =C2=A0 Ensign Alexander, can you get even a simple message through to the C= onstitution?


= Mason/Alexander/Saveron:= response


Lystra:=C2=A0 Nothing still= ? ::She sighed:: Keep trying, Ensign.


Yi= to: I'm picking up another Starfleet signal.=C2=A0 It is not th= e shuttle or the probe.=C2=A0 It is very weak, it's a format that h= asn't been used in over 50 years. :: Surprise in her voice. ::


::Lystra looked back over her shoulder when she = heard that, a brow raised and then looked back to the front as the surface = came into view. Lystra sat there, feeling somewhat helpless as whatever it = was that had them drew them down to the ground. At least, it set them down = without any injury, or harm to the shuttle. oO That was something at least.= Oo She tried the helm again, seeing if she could take off, but it was stil= l locked out. She had just spun in her chair to regard the rest of her team= . Her team, that was not something she'd get used to. When a burst of s= tatic broke in through the comms.::


Ren: =3D/\=3D ...ign Re...tain Ra... tra? ...copy, o...? =3D/\=3D

=


::She barely recognized the voice as the new counselor= , but she couldn't make out what was said. Reflexively she tapped her b= adge.::=C2=A0


Lystra: =3D/\=3D Lystra= here. Negative copy. Please repeat your message. =3D/\=3D=C2=A0

=


::She received a burst of static only to hear another = voice, more familiar break through slightly.::=C2=A0


Rajel: =3D/\=3D Rajel..h..e. W.. ..py bu.. ..ve bad inter..= ...ences. =3D/\=3D


Lystra: =3D/\=3D= Jalana, I copy you. But barely. We've been pulled to the planet's = surface...can you hear me? =3D/\=3D


::Ren= 9;s voice pushed through the channel once more.::


<= /p>

Ren: =3D/\=3D Ca... tra we a... ero-po ... in the atmosphe...= =C2=A0 ... ade up ... ton spike ... music signa... ...mmend you sti...=C2= =A0 Are you pic... rs yet? =3D/\=3D


oO Music= and spikes? That doesn't make any sense. Oo


Lystra: =3D/\=3D Repeat your last. We do not understand. Plea= se repeat. =3D/\=3D ::The frustration she was feeling was plain in the into= nation of her voice::


Rajel: =3D/\=3D= .. can't ... ..u cl..rly, I r...at ....... r... y..u. =3D/\=3D<= /p>

::The interference seemed to be growing even worse, she couldn't= understand anything but still hear Jalana's voice. Damn this was infur= iating.::


Lystra: =3D/\=3D Jalana, Re= n..please repeat. We do not copy you. I repeat, we do not copy. =3D/\=3D


::There was nothing but static now and then th= e line went dead. The tactical officer that was for some reason in charge o= f this team looked out at the others, seeing their faces with a broad spect= rum of moods, and emotions. Or lack there of in case of Saveron. She recall= ed what he'd told her in the turbolift and nodded to him gently. Took a= deep breath and looked to Yito next.::=C2=A0


<= p style=3D"line-height: normal;">Lystra: Alright. We're on the surface. Can't go anywhere a= nd comms are shot. We have to assume, for the moment. We're on our own = and need to try and find a way of getting out of this ourselves, until we c= an reconnect with the other team and the ship.=C2=A0

I've = no doubt that the Constitution will be doing everything they can to get to = us, so we have to find a way to make that as easy as possible while we do w= hat we came here for. So, we should leave our emergency beacon active.

Lieutenant. Run a scan of the area. Draw power from the propulsion= system if you have to. We're not going anywhere for the moment, so it = won't matter. Mayeb we can find the source of that Starfleet signal.


Yito: response


=

Lystra: Hmm. Well. A general direction is good enough = starting point. But can we survive outside?


= Yito: response


Mason/Alexander/Lys= tra/Saveron: response


::That was good. S= he looked to her gloved hands as she pressed her fingers inbetween one anot= her to ensure they fit snuggly on her hands. It was something she did when = she was thinking, more of a subconscious tick since she was self conscious = about what the gloves concealed. Eventually, she glanced up at the others.:= :=C2=A0


Lystra: Right. We can't s= it here. We have a general direction. So grab what you can. Emergency suppl= ies just in case we can't come back to the shuttle.=C2=A0

=

Lieutenant, I'd like you and Commander Mason to keep = an eye on things with tricorders.=C2=A0


::Sh= e looked to Saveron::=C2=A0


Commander, since= you have a medical background I'd like you to run environmental scans = and keep an eye on our vitals. Given how difficult it was to learn anything= from the ship about this world, I'd like to know if we have any potent= ial threats from things we can't see.


::= She looked to their resident engineer.::=C2=A0


=

Ensign, if there's anything you can do to boost the output of our tr= icorders and comm badges before we leave it would be appreciated. Tie them = into the shuttle's power if needed.


M= ason/Alexander/Yito/Saveron: response


::= She gave a nod to each and rose from her seat and walked through the shuttl= e to where the emergency supplies were located. She pulled out several Type= V phasers with holsters, and distributed them to her team. Before taking a= wrist torch for herself and a pack with emergency supplies that she slippe= d onto her back after checking to ensure it had the requisite rations, wate= r, med kit and other sundries one expected to find.::=C2=A0

Mason/Alexander/Yito/Saveron: response

=

Lystra: Good. ::She glanced back to the front of t= he shuttle:: Energy spike? oO Could that be what Ren was trying to say? Oo = Where?=C2=A0


= Yito: response


Lystra: That's in the direction you estima= ted the Starfleet signal was coming from, correct?=C2=A0


<= /font>

::Seeing the nod she took a slow breath and activated the pane= l at the rear hatch, watching it lower.::=C2=A0


Lystra: Good, then we know which way to head. Let's go.=C2= =A0


Mason/Alexander/Yito/Saveron: res= ponse


::With that she stepped out of the shu= ttle and lead the group of them in the direction she was pointed out by Sej= a. Her gloved fingers curled around the straps of her pack as she walked, s= o far this mission had not gone as expected. Which, she wouldn't have b= een so nervous about were she not the one with command of this team. She ha= d a full Lieutenant, and two Commanders at her back. oO Why in space am I i= n charge again? Oo::


((Tags/TBC))

=C2=A0=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Lieutenant JG Lystra

Tactical Officer

USS Constitution-B NCC-9= 012-B

SB118 Podcast Team=C2=A0

Wr= iter ID: A239410TR0

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &= quot;UFOP: StarBase 118 - USS Constitution-B" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e= mail to = sb118-constitution+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to sb118-constitution@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sb118-constitution.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.co= m/d/msgid/sb118-constitution/8f6b12b8-9ffb-4b55-8d42-23d9b0fc0962%40googleg= roups.com.
For more options, visit http= s://groups.google.com/d/optout.
------=_Part_2016_1212652245.1541441531835--