UFOP: Starbase 118 RPG Archive
home

Lieutenant JG Lystra - Wibbly, Wobbly, Timey-wimey....stuff

2018-11-07 18:29:18

Find an error in sim? Report it!
------=_Part_3146_918376271.1541615358186 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable *((Planet Unknown))* ::There was nothing but static now and then the line went dead. The tactical officer that was for some reason in charge of this team looked out= at the others, seeing their faces with a broad spectrum of moods, and emotions. Or lack there of in case of Saveron. She recalled what he'd told= her in the turbolift and nodded to him gently. Took a deep breath and looked to Yito next.:: *Lystra*: Alright. We're on the surface. Can't go anywhere and comms are shot. We have to assume, for the moment. We're on our own and need to try= and find a way of getting out of this ourselves, until we can reconnect with the other team and the ship. I've no doubt that the Constitution will be doing everything they can to get to us, so we have to find a way to make that as easy as possible while= we do what we came here for. So, we should leave our emergency beacon active. Lieutenant. Run a scan of the area. Draw power from the propulsion system= if you have to. We're not going anywhere for the moment, so it won't matter. Maybe we can find the source of that Starfleet signal. *Yito*: Sensors are struggling, very limited range. I can't pick u= p the other shuttle, probe or old Starfleet signal. But I'm picking up t= he odd energy signal coming from a North East direction, very strong. This was= also in the direction of the last read I had for this old starfleet signal. *Lystra*: Hmm. Well. A general direction is good enough starting point. But= can we survive outside? *Saveron*: A life-compatible atmospheric scan, combined with a sweep for radiation, will reveal whether we may safely leave the shuttle for at least= a short period. *Saveron*: If Commander Mason would assist me? *Mason/Alexander*: response *Saveron*: Sixty-two percent nitrogen, twenty-three percent oxygen, twelve= percent argon, three percent helium. The atmosphere is breathable. ::He declared.:: One notes that ambient humidity is low; the majority of the planet's water exists in cloud-phase, and the weather systems are d= enoted as hostile. ::He rattled off.:: Sensors do not detect high radiation levels, however there is what may be a cave system nearby, with a potential= water source. ::That was good. She looked to her gloved hands as she pressed her fingers= in between one another to ensure they fit snugly on her hands. It was something she did when she was thinking, more of a subconscious tick since= she was self conscious about what the gloves concealed. Eventually, she glanced up at the others.:: *Lystra*: Right. We can't sit here. We have a general direction. So grab what you can. Emergency supplies just in case we can't come back to the shuttle. *Lystra*: Lieutenant, I'd like you and Commander Mason to keep an eye on things with tricorders. *Yito*: Understood ::She looked to Saveron as Yito moved to the back to gather supplies.:: *Lystra*: Commander, since you have a medical background I'd like you to run environmental scans and keep an eye on our vitals. Given how difficult= it was to learn anything from the ship about this world, I'd like to know= if we have any potential threats from things we can't see. *Saveron*: Understood Lieutenant.:: ::She looked to their resident engineer.:: *Lystra*: Ensign, if there's anything you can do to boost the output of our= tricorders and comm badges before we leave it would be appreciated. Tie them into the shuttle's power if needed. *Alexander*: response ::She gave a nod to each and rose from her seat and walked through the shuttle to where the emergency supplies were located. She pulled out several Type V phasers with holsters, and distributed them to her team. Before taking a wrist torch for herself and a pack with emergency supplies= that she slipped onto her back after checking to ensure it had the requisite rations, water, med kit and other sundries one expected to find.:: *Saveron*: There may have been a momentary energy spike; my tricorder registered some interference. Does yours read anything similar, Ensign? *Alexander*: response *Mason*: response *Lystra*: Good. ::She glanced back to the front of the shuttle:: Energy spike? oO Could that be what Ren was trying to say? Oo Where? *Yito*: Seems to coming from the same place as the other signal. *Lystra*: That's in the direction you estimated the Starfleet signal was coming from, correct? ::Seeing the nod she took a slow breath and activated the panel at the rear= hatch, watching it lower.:: *Lystra*: Good, then we know which way to head. Let's go. ::With that she stepped out of the shuttle and lead the group of them in the direction she was pointed out by Seja. Her gloved fingers curled around= the straps of her pack as she walked, so far this mission had not gone as= expected. Which, she wouldn't have been so nervous about were she not the= one with command of this team. She had a full Lieutenant, and two Commanders at her back. oO Why in space am I in charge again? Oo:: *Saveron*: I am reading a possible water source ahead. ::He indicated the= direction.:: The shuttle's sensors indicated that there may be a ca= ve in that direction. :: Seja looked at the tricorder =E2=80=93 trying to confirm the details. :: *Lystra*: *oO* We have water, but it's good to know there's a potential source to keep us hydrated. *Oo* Good to know. Water and shelter are necessities I think in this environment. ::The heat and wind blasted sand buffeted her face, to which she was not happy about. Being born in space meant she was accustomed to a certain constant, comfortable environment. This, was the farthest thing from comfortable.:: *oO* I hate planets. *Oo* *Mason/Alexander*: *Saveron*: Is that congruent with the direction of the signal you detected= earlier? ::He asked Lieutenant Yito.:: ::Lystra glanced to the Bajoran, seeing her cover her face with her sleeve,= Lystra pulled the collar of her uniform up over her mouth at least so she= could breath without choking on sand.:: *Yito*: :: Nodding :: Yes commander. *Lystra*: Seems convenient, but I don't think we can stay out here for long= . *Mason/Alexander*: response *Saveron*: Your decision, Lieutenant. I am not detecting any undue levels= or toxins, or any other life forms. *Lystra*: ::She pondered a moment as they continued walking:: Someone brought us here for a reason. And I aim to find out why. We go into the caves. ::She glanced back to the others:: I'll take point, keep an eye out= for any trouble. :: It would be safer to stay at the shuttle but they were explorers and they had come down here to investigate this signal and a damaged shuttle wasn't going to stop them. :: *Yito*: I'll followed up the rear. *Mason/Alexander*: response ::Lystra struggled a bit, her boots continuously sank into the sand as they= walked, nearly mid calf, which was infuriating to her. She could already feel grains of the coarse particles inside her boots, which didn't help her= mood any. But she pushed through, remembering this wasn't the worst situation she'd found herself in. Nor the dirtiest.:: *Yito*: The energy signal is definitely coming from those caves. *Lystra*: ::Hearing that she nodded and pushed onward:: *Mason/Alexander/Saveron*: response *Yito*: I have no clue what it is. The tricorder hasn't seen it be= fore but it has a limited database. ::Lystra thought she could detect a bit of frustration in Seja's voice. She= couldn't blame her for that.:: *Lystra*: Well, be sure to log all of the readings for later. We can compare the data when we get back to the ship. ::She said more confidently= than she felt:: *Mason/Alexander/Saveron*: response ::The walk was arduous, and Lystra had lost track of how much time had transpired since they left the shuttle. She wondered why someone would pull= them down to the surface and do so so far away from wherever it was that they seemed to be intended to go to. Unless the object was to tire out whomever was abducted to this place so they were less capable of defending= themselves. Lystra instinctively rubbed a hand on the phaser on her right= hip. She hoped that they wouldn't be needed, but was prepared to protect her team and herself if necessary. At least, as they headed further into the valley the winds, while still ever present, didn't seem to hit them as= much once they approached one of the valley walls. She chanced to look up= ahead and thought she spotted something when she heard Seja speak up behind= her.:: *Yito*: There is an opening over there. *Lystra*: I see it. ::She waved them all forward and quickened her step:: *Mason/Alexander/Saveron*: response ::Being the first one into the cave she was the first to feel relief from= the buffeting winds and abrasive sand that had tried to mar her pristine Boslic features. Her eyes had barely adjusted to the change in lighting. There was light here, artificial. Lystra looked ahead of her as the others= entered the cave and saw something that made her eyes widen. There was a device of some kind. The Boslic didn't have time to study it enough to venture a guess as to its age, or possible design when she felt a tingle envelope her entire body. It made her queasy and then everything went dark.:: *((Location Unknown))* ::An unspecified or knowable period of time passed and the flickers of cognizance filtered back into her perceptions. An effeminate groan came from somewhere that acted like an ignition for her mind to reboot and she= soon followed suit, a soft, labored whimper as the realization that her bowels were in utter turmoil set in. The need to clutch her stomach caused= her hands to move. That was good. Her back felt damp, cold. Her uniform was= soaked. How? They were in a desert. Then she heard the melody and lyrics of= a song she'd never heard before.:: =E2=80=9CThey're creepy and they're kooky, Mysterious and spooky, They're all together ooky...=E2=80=9D *Lystra*: ooky? ::she muttered and immediately regretted it:: :: As if speaking had given consent for her gut to reject the breakfast she= had before her shift the Boslic scrambled to her feet, only to end up on her hands and knees, scrambling a meter away before she heaved her guts. Emptying the contents of her stomach across the grass, she convulsed a few= times as whatever it was that had affected her body finally seemed to abate. She looked down at the grass. *oO* Grass? In a cave? *Oo *Her awareness finally began to expand and she looked back, seeing the rest of= her team on the grass in various states of consciousness. She noted how she= looked then and there and quickly, if uneasily forced herself to her feet.= She dusted herself off and smoothed the wrinkles in her pants and uniform= jacket. Then looked to the others.:: *Lystra*: Ever..::She coughed slightly:: Everyone alright? ::The Boslic looked around and she began to note that their present surroundings were drastically different from their former. There was only a= slight breeze, where raging winds had been before. Sand had been replaced= by dew or recent rain covered grass. And that was when she realized they were in some sort of settlement. Not a cavern as they had been. She didn't= recognize any of the buildings, so she couldn't quite place the species. A= strange lifeform with some sort of a fruit or vegetable on its head walked= down what looked like a street a few meters away. She thought that odd, especially since it looked as though the vegetable had a carved face in one= side and it was illuminated from within. The individual was quite tall, probably a half foot taller than she was. Until she saw them reach up and= remove their own head. Lystra's eyes widened and she reflexively drew the= phaser on her hip.:: *Lystra*: What in the hell is that! ::She announced to those around her, wide eyed as the individual passed out of sight, obscured by one of the structures in front of them that they seemed to be behind:: *Mason/Alexander/Saveron/Yito*: response ::She glanced at the phaser she held, tehn to the others and slowly sheathed it, but still gripped the handle.:: *Lystra*: Some...sort of lifeform, with a carved vegetable for its head just walked by and removed its own head. ::As she said that, she realized= just how utterly ridiculous it sounded and hoped someone had seen the same= thing or else Saveron might question her mental fitness:: *Mason/Alexander/Saveron*: response "...The Addams Family.. Snap snap. " *((Tags/TBC))* * =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D* *Lieutenant JG Lystra* *Tactical Officer* *USS Constitution-B NCC-9012-B* *SB118 Podcast Team * *Writer ID: A239410TR0* -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "= UFOP: StarBase 118 - USS Constitution-B" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e= mail to sb118-constitution+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to sb118-constitution@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sb118-constitution. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/= sb118-constitution/da36f25d-9353-4372-8b01-79dbe7eea02d%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. ------=_Part_3146_918376271.1541615358186 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

((Planet Unknown))


<= p style=3D"line-height: normal;">

Lystra: Alrigh= t. We're on the surface. Can't go anywhere and comms are shot. We h= ave to assume, for the moment. We're on our own and need to try and fin= d a way of getting out of this ourselves, until we can reconnect with the o= ther team and the ship.=C2=A0

<= font face=3D"arial, sans-serif" size=3D"2">I've no doubt that the Const= itution will be doing everything they can to get to us, so we have to find = a way to make that as easy as possible while we do what we came here for. S= o, we should leave our emergency beacon active.

Lieutenant. Ru= n a scan of the area. Draw power from the propulsion system if you have to.= We're not going anywhere for the moment, so it won't matter. Maybe= we can find the source of that Starfleet signal.


<= /font>

Yito:=C2=A0Sensors are struggling, very limited range.= =C2=A0 I can't pick up the other shuttle, probe or old Starfleet si= gnal.=C2=A0 But I'm picking up the odd energy signal coming from a = North East direction, very strong.=C2=A0 =C2=A0This was also in the directi= on of the last read I had for this old starfleet signal.


<= /font>

Lystra: Hmm. Well. A general direction is good enough s= tarting point. But can we survive outside?


Saveron: A l= ife-compatible atmospheric scan, combined with a sweep for radiation, will = reveal whether we may safely leave the shuttle for at least a short period.= =C2=A0

Saveron: If Commander Mason would assist me?
=

Mason/Al= exander: response


Saveron: Sixty-= two percent nitrogen, twenty-three percent oxygen, twelve percent argon, th= ree percent helium. The atmosphere is breathable. ::He declared.:: One note= s that ambient humidity is low; the majority of the planet's water = exists in cloud-phase, and the weather systems are denoted as hostile. ::He= rattled off.:: Sensors do not detect high radiation levels, however there = is what may be a cave system nearby, with a potential water source.


::That was good. She looked to her gloved hands= as she pressed her fingers in between one another to ensure they fit snugl= y on her hands. It was something she did when she was thinking, more of a s= ubconscious tick since she was self conscious about what the gloves conceal= ed. Eventually, she glanced up at the others.::=C2=A0


Lystra: Right. We can't sit here. We have a general di= rection. So grab what you can. Emergency supplies just in case we can't= come back to the shuttle.=C2=A0


Lystra: Lieutenant, I'd like you and Commander Mason to keep an eye on thin= gs with tricorders.=C2=A0


Yito:=C2=A0= Understood


::She looked to Saveron as Yito m= oved to the back to gather supplies.::=C2=A0


Lystra: Commander, since you have a medical background I'd like= you to run environmental scans and keep an eye on our vitals. Given how di= fficult it was to learn anything from the ship about this world, I'd li= ke to know if we have any potential threats from things we can't see.


Saveron: Understood Lieutenant.::
<= /font>


::She looked to their resident engineer.::= =C2=A0


Lystra: Ensign, if there's= anything you can do to boost the output of our tricorders and comm badges = before we leave it would be appreciated. Tie them into the shuttle's po= wer if needed.


Alexander: response


::She gave a nod to each and rose from her sea= t and walked through the shuttle to where the emergency supplies were locat= ed. She pulled out several Type V phasers with holsters, and distributed th= em to her team. Before taking a wrist torch for herself and a pack with eme= rgency supplies that she slipped onto her back after checking to ensure it = had the requisite rations, water, med kit and other sundries one expected t= o find.::=C2=A0


Saveron: There may have been a momentar= y energy spike; my tricorder registered some interference. Does yours read = anything similar, Ensign?

Alexander: response

Mason: response<= /font>


Lystra: Good. ::She gla= nced back to the front of the shuttle:: Energy spike? oO Could that be what= Ren was trying to say? Oo Where?=C2=A0


= Yito:=C2=A0Seems to coming from the same place as the other signal.<= /font>


Lystra: That's in the direction y= ou estimated the Starfleet signal was coming from, correct?=C2=A0


::Seeing the nod she took a slow breath and activated= the panel at the rear hatch, watching it lower.::=C2=A0


<= /font>

Lystra: Good, then we know which way to head. Let's= go.=C2=A0


::With that she stepped out of th= e shuttle and lead the group of them in the direction she was pointed out b= y Seja. Her gloved fingers curled around the straps of her pack as she walk= ed, so far this mission had not gone as expected. Which, she wouldn't h= ave been so nervous about were she not the one with command of this team. S= he had a full Lieutenant, and two Commanders at her back. oO Why in space a= m I in charge again? Oo::


= Saveron: I am reading a = possible water source ahead. ::He indicated the direction.:: The shuttle=E2= =80=99s sensors indicated that there may be a cave in that direction.=C2=A0=

:: Seja looked at the = tricorder =E2=80=93 trying to confirm the details. ::

Lystra: oO=C2=A0We have water,= but it's good to know there's a potential source to keep us hydrat= ed. Oo=C2=A0Good to know. Water and shelter are necessities I think = in this environment.

::= The heat and wind blasted sand buffeted her face, to which she was not happ= y about. Being born in space meant she was accustomed to a certain constant= , comfortable environment. This, was the farthest thing from comfortable.::=

oO=C2=A0I hate = planets. Oo

M= ason/Alexander:

= Saveron: Is that congruent with the direction of the signal you detecte= d earlier? ::He asked Lieutenant Yito.::

::Lystra glanced to the Bajoran, seeing her cover her fac= e with her sleeve, Lystra pulled the collar of her uniform up over her mout= h at least so she could breath without choking on sand.::
=
Yito: :: Nodding :: Yes commander= .

<= /div>
Lystra: Seems convenient, but I don't think we can stay out her= e for long.

Mason/Alexander: response

Saveron: Your decisio= n, Lieutenant. I am not detecting any undue levels or toxins, or any other = life forms.
Lystra: ::She pondered a moment as they continued walking:: Someone brought us = here for a reason. And I aim to find out why. We go into the caves. ::She g= lanced back to the others:: I'll take point, keep an eye out for any tr= ouble.

:: It would be s= afer to stay at the shuttle but they were explorers and they had come down = here to investigate this signal and a damaged shuttle wasn't going = to stop them. ::

Yit= o: I'll followed up the rear.

Mason/Alexander: response

::Lystra struggled a bit, her boots continuous= ly sank into the sand as they walked, nearly mid calf, which was infuriatin= g to her. She could already feel grains of the coarse particles inside her = boots, which didn't help her mood any. But she pushed through, remember= ing this wasn't the worst situation she'd found herself in. Nor the= dirtiest.::
<= br>
Yito: The energy signal is definitely coming from those caves.

Lystra: ::Hearing that she nodd= ed and pushed onward::=C2=A0

Mason/Alexander/Saveron: response

Yito: I have no clue what it is.=C2=A0 = The tricorder hasn't seen it before but it has a limited database.= =C2=A0

::Lystra thought= she could detect a bit of frustration in Seja's voice. She couldn'= t blame her for that.::=C2=A0

Lystra: Well, be sure to log all of the readings for later. W= e can compare the data when we get back to the ship. ::She said more confid= ently than she felt::=C2=A0

Mason/Alexander/Saveron: response

::The walk was arduous, and Lystra had lost tra= ck of how much time had transpired since they left the shuttle. She wondere= d why someone would pull them down to the surface and do so so far away fro= m wherever it was that they seemed to be intended to go to. Unless the obje= ct was to tire out whomever was abducted to this place so they were less ca= pable of defending themselves. Lystra instinctively rubbed a hand on the ph= aser on her right hip. She hoped that they wouldn't be needed, but was = prepared to protect her team and herself if necessary. At least, as they he= aded further into the valley the winds, while still ever present, didn'= t seem to hit them as much once they approached one of the valley walls. Sh= e chanced to look up ahead and thought she spotted something when she heard= Seja speak up behind her.::

Yito: There is an opening over there.

Lystra: I see it. ::She waved them all f= orward and quickened her step::

Mason/Alexander/Saveron: response

::Being the first one into the cave she w= as the first to feel relief from the buffeting winds and abrasive sand that= had tried to mar her pristine Boslic features. Her eyes had barely adjuste= d to the change in lighting. There was light here, artificial. Lystra looke= d ahead of her as the others entered the cave and saw something that made h= er eyes widen. There was a device of some kind. The Boslic didn't have = time to study it enough to venture a guess as to its age, or possible desig= n when she felt a tingle envelope her entire body. It made her queasy and t= hen everything went dark.::

((Location Unknown))

::An unspecified or knowable period of time passed and the= flickers of cognizance filtered back into her perceptions. An effeminate g= roan came from somewhere that acted like an ignition for her mind to reboot= and she soon followed suit, a soft, labored whimper as the realization tha= t her bowels were in utter turmoil set in. The need to clutch her stomach c= aused her hands to move. That was good. Her back felt damp, cold. Her unifo= rm was soaked. How? They were in a desert. Then she heard the melody and ly= rics of a song she'd never heard before.::

=E2=80=9CThey're creepy and they're kooky,=
Mysterious an= d spooky,
They= 're all together ooky...=E2=80=9D

<= span style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Lystra: ooky? ::she muttered and immediately regretted it::=C2= =A0

:: As if speaking had given consent for her gut to reject t= he breakfast she had before her shift the Boslic scrambled to her feet, onl= y to end up on her hands and knees, scrambling a meter away before she heav= ed her guts. Emptying the contents of her stomach across the grass, she con= vulsed a few times as whatever it was that had affected her body finally se= emed to abate. She looked down at the grass. oO=C2=A0Grass? In a cav= e? Oo Her awareness finally began to expand and she looked back, see= ing the rest of her team on the grass in various states of consciousness. S= he noted how she looked then and there and quickly, if uneasily forced hers= elf to her feet. She dusted herself off and smoothed the wrinkles in her pa= nts and uniform jacket. Then looked to the others.::=C2=A0

L= ystra: Ever..::She coughed slightly:: Everyone alright?=C2=A0

<= div style=3D"font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, san= s-serif; font-size: 16px;">::The Boslic looked around and she b= egan to note that their present surroundings were drastically different fro= m their former. There was only a slight breeze, where raging winds had been= before. Sand had been replaced by dew or recent rain covered grass. And th= at was when she realized they were in some sort of settlement. Not a cavern= as they had been. She didn't recognize any of the buildings, so she co= uldn't quite place the species. A strange lifeform with some sort of a = fruit or vegetable on its head walked down what looked like a street a few = meters away. She thought that odd, especially since it looked as though the= vegetable had a carved face in one side and it was illuminated from within= . The individual was quite tall, probably a half foot taller than she was. = Until she saw them reach up and remove their own head. Lystra's eyes wi= dened and she reflexively drew the phaser on her hip.::=C2=A0


<= b style=3D"font-size: small; font-family: arial, sans-serif;">Mason/Alexand= er/Saveron/Yito: response

::= She glanced at the phaser she held, tehn to the others and slowly sheathed = it, but still gripped the handle.::=C2=A0

Lystra: Some...sort of lifeform, with a carved vegetable f= or its head just walked by and removed its own head. ::As she said that, sh= e realized just how utterly ridiculous it sounded and hoped someone had see= n the same thing or else Saveron might question her mental fitness::=

Mason/Alexander/Saveron: response<= br>

"...The Addams Family..=
Snap snap. "


((Tags/TBC))

=C2=A0=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=

Lieutenant JG Lystra

Tactical Offi= cer

USS Constitution-B NCC-9012-B

S= B118 Podcast Team=C2=A0

Writer ID: A239410TR0

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &= quot;UFOP: StarBase 118 - USS Constitution-B" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e= mail to = sb118-constitution+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to sb118-constitution@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sb118-constitution.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.co= m/d/msgid/sb118-constitution/da36f25d-9353-4372-8b01-79dbe7eea02d%40googleg= roups.com.
For more options, visit http= s://groups.google.com/d/optout.
------=_Part_3146_918376271.1541615358186--